Tutorials | Html Introduction | Basic Html Code | Html Code for Layers
- If you want to put text links or words on a picture like the navigational strip on this page you can use layers.
- Use the DIV tag for each layer and give your div a name such as: id="layer1"
- You will need to have an image in the folder you save this code in. For this exercise you may copy the one in the resources section of this site by right clicking on it (the second image) and saving it as fire. It is in gif format.
- Open Notepad (SimpleText if using MAC) and type the following code. Change the numbers to place the word Welcome appropriately. Change the colour too.
- Go to : File > Save As and use the drop down arrow to find the folder you want to store your code in then save as layers.html and change the file type from Text Documents (.txt) to All files.